1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Back side problems

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jsaunders, Jun 7, 2003.

1. jsaunders

jsaunders LawnSite Bronze Member

Having demoed a z, my but is sore. Did everyone have the same problem when they went to a z from w/b's with sulkies? My lawns are really bumpy which helps:p
  2. the scaper

the scaper LawnSite Senior Member

3. 1grnlwn

1grnlwn LawnSite Bronze Member

What Z did you try? Did it have deluxe seat?
  4. thfireman

thfireman LawnSite Senior Member

I bought the Sentar that has the saddle seat. Everyone said I would be hurting from using that type of seat but so far no problems. New suspension is nice ans can be adjusted. Not sure why you would be hurting unless you have no suspension at all.:confused:
  5. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

Mine gets sore sometimes also. I sit on mine about 8-9 hours a day. If it is hot, humid, or bumpy conditions, it only makes it worse. Short selection may help, and also not wearing a wallet. It gets better, well worth it to have a Z rider.

6. LawnMower

LawnMower LawnSite Senior Member

I find that if I take the rear of my grass collections system off, and leave the front wheal weights on, it’s hard on my rear end. So I either have to leave all the collection system on…I hate that. Or take it all off…. Then my rear end is fine. I only have it on when im using it. My Bobcat Z is a race horse with out all that weight and size. It won’t turn for beans with the front weights on and the hopper off the rear.
  7. jsaunders

jsaunders LawnSite Bronze Member

It was a kubota with a suspension seat- I guess I didn't have it adjusted right.
  8. tru cut

tru cut LawnSite Member

If it is a ZD the seat has a peice of plywood in it to actavate the safty switch. I had to change the seat bottom on mine because after about 1.5 to 2 HRS my but hurt.
  9. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

Try flipping the seat down : )
  10. kickin sum grass

kickin sum grass LawnSite Senior Member

try letting a few psi outtat the back tires. We run them a few pounds under and it makes a world of difference in the way it rides. Make sure not to takes to much out, only a few pounds.