Back tires constantly spin out on Bad Boy Lightning??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mowinforaliving, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Mowinforaliving

Mowinforaliving LawnSite Bronze Member

It seems like no matter how much I baby the levers my rear tires spin out everytime I turn, whether i'm mowing, on concrete, or on the trailer. It's like theres not enough weight back there or the pumps are set up too high or something. Does anyone else have this problem??

2. Happy Frog

Happy Frog LawnSite Bronze Member

I had the same problem at first and I had to adjust to the fact that the power levers neutral points are not spring loaded.
    When you have some forward power on one wheel and try to apply reverse power on the other, it is easy to throw too much power on the reversing wheel and it will start spinning if you are not careful.
    To avoid this, try to put power on the reversing wheel first, then add power on the forwarding wheel.
    Of course, like with any other ZTR, it is best to do "K" turns (aka "Y" turns) instead of true zero radius turns.

3. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Sounds like that BadBoy just has too much power. I guess that's why they call it BadBoy.

4. Mowinforaliving

Yeah.....she does pack a hard punch

5. Happy Frog

Happy Frog LawnSite Bronze Member

They are Animals!
    Takes a little time to tame the beast but it's all good then... :drinkup:

6. Mowinforaliving

I just posted a picture of the Lightning I have. Look at "What would this be worth"

7. Grits

from Florida

Oh, is that one yours? That one is a piece of crap.

Just kidding. I haven't seen it yet.

8. Grits

from Florida

Ok. I just went and looked at it. Those things look pretty stout. Kind of looks like a cross between a Dixie Chopper and a Toro....and maybe a little Ferris thrown in for spice.

9. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

MAybe drop the air pressure some so she will hook up he he he

wayne

10. retrodog

retrodog LawnSite Silver Member

Hey I had the same problem at first, I was tearing up some turf and smoking my tires on the pavement, I just take a little time when turning now, and its all good.