Back to "rain, rain, go away"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LwnmwrMan22, Sep 8, 2005.

1. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

Like most everyone here, it was a fairly hot and dry summer.

With doing all of my accounts on contract, I was more than happy to be dropping everyone back to every 10 days / 2 weeks.

Now we've gotten 6" of rain over the weekend, and it's rained every morning this week except yesterday.

The biggest problem now is, that it's so cool in the mornings, 50's and 60's, that the grass stays soaked until noon or so.

Now all the yards that had been on every 2 weeks, it's hard to get back to them because of all the rain, and they're growing like it was mid May again, so they're getting longer, which means back to double cutting.

I don't mind a little rain here and there, but this is getting to be a pain again.

2. MBDiagMan

MBDiagMan LawnSite Senior Member

We are in midst of a TERRIBLE drought here. I saw a drought map on the weather channel and I was sitting right smack in the middle of the worst drought area in the US. It's very difficult for me to imagine how I will be upset when I have your problem.

It's difficult to describe how dry it is here. Can you send some of that rain here?

Good luck with the challenge,
    Doc

3. Evergreenpros

Evergreenpros LawnSite Bronze Member

Send some of that rain our way, it's dry as a bone here. Hasn't rained in months. We just cut rain or shine, unfortuneately we have to bag though.

4. Nathan 281

Nathan 281 LawnSite Member
    from MN

Rain in the morning is killing me now and school just started and i am going in the evening I am only 3/4 of a day behind dont know how but not to bad will for sure be cought up by sat mabey friday. I think we can figger 25 mowings in the season :cool2: