Back to work.....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LwnmwrMan22, Nov 20, 2005.

1. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

Started cleanups again today, this after 2" of snow on the grass last week melted away and pretty much dried up.

You guys to the east of MN, I wish you warmer drier weather this week so you can finish too.

Here we're supposed to have 40-ish today and tomorrow, then low to mid 30's the rest of the week, into next, with a couple of days in the 20's for highs.

Oh well, as long as the rain holds off and the snow just sticks to flurries, I'm good to go.

Just hard to get on and off that ZTR wearing long underwear, lined jeans, lined bibs, t-shirt, lined flannel shirt and a heavy jacket. :D
  2. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

LOL I'd like to see that!! We cut our last lawn and did last of cleanups last Friday, the leaves all finally came down, thanks to some cooler temps and high wind.

One little 8 x 12 paver patio to knock out on Monday, then take a break until after Turkey day. Will start to winterize then.
  3. yrdandgardenhandyman

yrdandgardenhandyman LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

We started our cleanups again today too. Still picked up a bit of snow with the leaves but it went fairly well. All the customers who wanted to wait till the day before our storm are now having to pay a premium to get it done before Thanksgiving.payup They should have listened to me. But they DO know more about lawncare than I do.;)
    And I know the phone will be ringing off the hook tomorrow so I will have a full schedule till the snow flies so I will set the prices accordingly. This storm actually made me money.

PS Fall cleanups suck but the money is good. Spring cleanups suck even worse. Sudden winter storms can cause me to have a bunch of spring cleanups.
    Oh well, the money will be as good in March as in Nov.:)