Back to work!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Turfdude, Mar 1, 2004.

1. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

Well, I finally got back to work today, & boy did it feel good! Now by later tonite, the aches and pains will have started, but I should still have a smile on my face. I had 5 others start today, 2 more f/t next Monday & a part timer 2 days a week next week to. Man does it feel good!:cool:
  2. bastalker

bastalker LawnSite Senior Member

I am with ya Bob, We start this weekend with the spring cleanups, an mulching. Would start earlier, but its going to be pretty wet this week. My body already hurts just tkinkin about it. After a week of it though, it will be just fine.

I'm startin to get that warm fuzzy feeling all over me again!!
  3. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

where are you located bastalker? we still have some snow and ice in places. we are still in the winter pruning mode, but getting the mulch blower and spring cleanup equipment all ready. good luck. i know what you mean abou the aches and does go away over a period of time.
  4. bastalker

bastalker LawnSite Senior Member

SE shore.... Groton, New London area. I am surprised you guys still have snow. The only snow here are the big nasty lookin piles that were made in parking lots...
  5. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

started prepping for a small retaining wall today. sweating my azz off. i don't know, this diggin stuff aint nothin like lifting weights. it's 6:15 and i'm feelin the aches already
  6. Scape Sculptor

Scape Sculptor LawnSite Member

I too was able to start working today. It sure feels good. :cool2:
  7. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

I got arm pump from (shudder) raking. It's the only way to get those magnolia 'chillins up. For those of you that speak yankee, 'chillins are what I call those seed pods.
  8. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

What the heck are you guys doing already??
  9. twwlawn

twwlawn LawnSite Senior Member

I got started this pass weekend cleaning up lawns. I don't know where them leaves came from, the lawns were clean last fall when I left them and the tree's were empty too.
  10. Let it Grow

Let it Grow LawnSite Senior Member

I've been sore for the last two weeks. It's hard to get my body back into shape after a pretty lazy winter. It feels sooo good though, just knowing that work is coming, and before long it will be 105 degrees!!!