Back up blowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by S man, Jul 30, 2005.

1. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

Who knows how to repair a poulan weed eater blower? Mine has a carb fuel line problem I think. I have lawns tomorrow and the dealer opens monday. What do I do with out a blower? Is a push broom a good alternative?

2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

I used a push broom for the first 4 years in business! Does a better job actually, but you have to pick up the crap because you are dot dispersing it on the grass, and you get a lot of sand to. I would get a new blower and use that one as back-up when fixed. weed eater is homeowner stuff, get stihl, redmax or echo, i like all of those!

3. S man

Dude I'm getting a echo pb 403 this monday.

4. S man

By the way, how are those home owner hondas holding up? I've seen them go down easily using them commercially.

5. mcwlandscaping

Then you are all set, broom will do you fine for a day. are you going to get the weed eater fixed as a back-up?

6. mcwlandscaping

I have/and will continue to use mine until monday when i pick up my eXmark. The one i use is still in almost new condition (4 years old) one pull start, the only thing i have had to do was reg. maintenance. Thats the only 21 i will ever buy. oh, the other one was the old one from my dads office. They got another honda and gave me the old one. 7 Y.O., still one pull start. its worth the money, they make amazing small engines.

7. mcwlandscaping

you just need to take care of it. a lot of landscapers around here don't do anything to there mowers until there is a problem. Clean deck everyday, clean on top and below deck with hose etc. Still almost brand new.

8. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

Poulan sounds like a throw away.

9. mcwlandscaping

It would probably cost more than the blower is worth to have it fixed or even looked at.

10. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

What is wrong with the fuel line?