1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Back up cameras

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by joepetrilli, Jan 13, 2013.

1. joepetrilli

joepetrilli LawnSite Member

I'm thinking of a backupcamera/gps for maybee both of my trucks. I would like it for the back of the trucks to hook up trailer/etc. and also back of the trailer. Any suggestions?

2. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

Spend good money. I got a cheap one and it broke quick. Let us know if you find a quality unit, i need to replace mine
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

It was great while it lasted, paid for itself with speeding up trailer hookups. I can hit it every time just using mirrors if I'm coming in straight but its those wacky angles where a camera really helps
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Tripp

Tripp LawnSite Member

My Tacoma came factory with back up camera the monitor is in the rearview mirror. I will say it's one of the best things I never thought I would need. The camera for mine is located in the tailgate handle so I get a good view of the hitch when backing to trailers. Look into the gentrex systems as they replace your rearview mirror and you don't have to add a seperate monitor.

5. Woodman1

Woodman1 LawnSite Senior Member

Joe,

Buyers Brand is now selling them. I have a system with three cameras on my truck. If you search for them - type in RV back - up cameras. You definitely want one with Infa-red lights. They make a tremendous difference.
    Jay

6. bassin

bassin LawnSite Member

on my farm machinery i got several cab cam unit work alsome but are a bit pricey..they never get dirty cause they have a static chatge that keep them clean