Back up lights

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by MysticLandscape, Nov 2, 2006.

1. MysticLandscape

MysticLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a 2006 F350, how would I go about wiring back up lights to the AUX switch? I tried to fool around with it but I am not that smart when it comes to eletronics.

2. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

you have to manually wire the switches under the dashboard. Then on the engine compartment side there are 4 wires sticking through the firewall in a bundle. Just wire the lights to which ever wire you wired to the switch. the wires come plumbed, but not connected. I found some instructions online with plenty of details. I have my Strobes, reverse lights and the high-idle wired in on my AUX switches.

3. MysticLandscape

Got a link?

4. BSDeality

5. MysticLandscape

Thanks I will try it tomorow

6. Allen's LS

Allen's LS LawnSite Member

7. BSDeality

What were you looking for? the AUX switches are only on the 2005+ Superduty's. and as far as I know you can't put a aux switch panel (factory anyways) into the dash of a pre 05.

If you were asking about the high idle, I believe the 7.3L PSD's require a module of some sort to accomplish the same task. I came across it while searching for the H.I. for my 6.0 PSD.

A complete list of bodybuilder specs/pdfs: https://www.fleet.ford.com/truckBBAS/topics/f-sd.html

8. Oldtimer

Oldtimer LawnSite Bronze Member

Get the White night back up lights and the 7 pin adapter.

http://www.whitenight.com

They can be installed in 5 minutes and really put out a lot of light.

Oldtimer