Back up Lights?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Supper Grassy, Apr 20, 2011.

1. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy LawnSite Bronze Member

How would i go about adding additional backup lights to my truck?? would i need an additional battery any tips on brands to buy or how to install?

2. R & R Yard Designs

R & R Yard Designs LawnSite Senior Member

Go to demeaning.com and buy some led work lights and wire them right in to the wires that are there. They only draw .5 amps and the most so you are ok.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Supper Grassy

how would i go about wiring them in?

4. Supper Grassy

site doesnt com up

5. wahlturfcare

wahlturfcare LawnSite Senior Member
    from iowa

all you would need to do is tap into the existing reverse light. I install extra bacup lights on the trucks and install them onto the trailers also as they make a big difference.

6. R & R Yard Designs

R & R Yard Designs LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry man. Auto correct on the phone. Try ddmtuning.com
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

8. dboyd351

dboyd351 LawnSite Bronze Member

I just bought a kit of 2 55W (I think) rectangular halogen bulbs, mounted them under the bumper and tapped into the reverse light wiring. Makes backing up on a dark night a breeze. Sorry, I don't remember the brand, but they were sold as backup lights.

9. CLARK LAWN

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

i would put them on a relay because the backup switch can handle that much amprage runing thru it. as least not for long.

10. dboyd351

dboyd351 LawnSite Bronze Member

Mine have been on there for several years without a problem and without a relay. Not saying that isn't a good idea, just that I have not had a problem. Usually they aren't on for more than 15-20 seconds - just the amount of time it takes to back out of the drive, then I'm back in forward and they are off.