back up mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Metroman, Apr 13, 2000.

1. FIREMAN

FIREMAN LawnSite Senior Member
    from n.j.

METROMAN, LOOK AT WANT AD PRESS.COM IF YOU ARE CLOSE TO JERSEY YOU CAN ALWAYS FIND A USED WALKER IN THEIR LISTINGS. MY OPINION, BUY A USED WALK BEHIND, AND GET SOME EXERCISE IF THE WALKER IS DOWN.

2. Hello Everybody:<p>When I started out I had the backup mower problem. I started out with a walk behind as a back up, later I found out big mistake.<p>Later I got a below average rider for backup & this was another big mistake, because all it was, was piece of wore out equipment that I had as a backup which wasn't very reliable.<p>Then later when I developed a way to hang on to money & a business man IQ. I then either bought a equal or close to equal piece of equipment. <p>Then what really made sence & was the best decision, was to run the lessor or older piece of equipment. Have the new piece of equipment as a back up, why the newer is more reliable & I won't later have 2 piles of junk.<p>After doing this for a few years, you will have 2 good pieces of equipment, then later you can buy 2 more & have enough to start another crew.<p>What ever it takes you to keep your business going, then you need double that, downtime is one of the #1 KILLERS in this business.<br>----------<br>GrassMaster - Home: www.lawnservicing.com<br>My Start Up Page www.lawnservicing.com/startup/<br>