1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

back up mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by awm, May 30, 2003.

1. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

well the lazers in the shop so i went to the back up hydrostat 42 in tractor.
    would u believe i actually got done in a tad less time. surprised the heck out of me. one thing to know, is im really pretty good at getting the most out of a lt with floor hydrostat. also its set up special so it mows forward or backward at the same speed. still i was very surprised.
    now boys dont go out an get rid of u z s.
    no danger o that huh:D
  2. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

did you go in a circle or make stripes?
  3. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

i use a kubota diesel on one lot and do stripes with it, it cuts nice and is almost as fast as using my wb.
  4. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

People with the Z's keep talking about J turns and K turns to keep from tearing up turf at the end of passes, and my all wheel steer JD tractor with the extra wide deck requires no back up at all to change direction so it is definitely faster than a Z, especially on angle mowing situations
  5. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

i striped a little ,just to see if i could.
    worked pretty good. this lady wont put up w stripes tho.
    i love my lazer . it just really surprised me when i looked at my watch ,after i finished.this was a 2acre property.
    the cut was such that i had to really look to see the place where the z quit.
    like i say surprised is the wd.
    sure hope my lazers aint too sick.
  6. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Flex Deck, I got pretty effecient with the Wheel Horse hydro but had to do 3 point turns ("Y" turn) and my commercial mowers alot faster. The WH had hand speed control, but after I made a foot pedal control for it it was alittle better but still not as fast. I've driven JD AWS but not mowed with. They seem like they'd compete with a commercial on turns.