Back Window Lettering & Door Decal Proof

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by MowHouston, Feb 1, 2008.

1. MowHouston

MowHouston LawnSite Bronze Member

I just stopped by the sign company today and got these proofs picked up.

They designed the logo for free.

As far as the prices go:

Window Lettering: $35.00
    Decals: $40.00 for the set
    Installed: $67.00

Total: $142.00 +tax

Me personally, I like em. They're nice and simple, put professional looking. I'm not a big fan of the rectangle door decals but this is my alternative until I can get a full wrap for my truck.($1500-$2000)

Any input before I give the go-ahead?

[​IMG]

2. MOTES

MOTES LawnSite Member

I think they look good, and the price is reasonable, but not sure on the installing price, You could do this.

3. MowHouston

I was thinking that too, but I really want it to be done right the first time. When I go off doing stuff like this I always get stuff slanted a little bit :D

It'll take em about an hour to put it all on, meanwhile, I'll treat my girlfriend and I to lunch next door or something.

Thanks a lot for the input.

4. barefeetny

barefeetny LawnSite Senior Member

thats a good price on the door decals

they look nice

5. MowHouston

Oh yeh. And as far as the truck color goes. Do you guys think the decals will look alright on my truck?

Back window is tinted pretty good so I think the lettering is fine.

Sorry, the sun was in my eye when I took these:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. MowHouston

One bump for me.

7. ExclusiveLawnCare

ExclusiveLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

looks good but put them on yourself , its not hard and they told you on Hour to do it yeah right more like 20 min.s

Just make sure you clean the window and sides really really good, thats all.

good luck.

8. MowHouston

Yeah. I'm starting to think about that more and more. I'll look up some stuff online to give me some more tips so I dont mess it up. :hammerhead:

9. nherweck

nherweck LawnSite Senior Member

I'd definitely think about installing yourself. In high school we sold decals at football games for our STLP program, and I installed most of the decals on cars myself. I've done my fair share of messing up, but it's worth it. I'll be ordering my own decals soon for my truck. But one thing is for sure, it won't look as nice as your truck! Mine's a beater to re-open with.

Just my .02!

10. stevenf

stevenf LawnSite Bronze Member

You can use a spray bottle with water and a small amount of dish soap. spray it over the area, put the stickers on, position where you want it, then use a putty knife to scrape the soap out from behind the stickers.