Backfill and Leveling Ground

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Zachary52902, Apr 12, 2004.

1. Zachary52902

Zachary52902 LawnSite Member

I had a gentlemen call me today about backfilling part of his property to raise it because of water sitting. The area is 72 feet by 25 feet. It would have to be raised 3 inches. How much would you guys charge for this. Don't really deal with leveling and backfilling.

2. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

Be careful you don't just move the standing water problem, especially toward a structure. Could be some liability issues there if you don't have experience.

3. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

Cant really say how much Id' charge without seeing it & I dont know what equipment you have at your disposal. Will you have dirt delivered or will you bring it in yourself, do you have a tractor or bobcat to grade it with? Id just charge for materials (dirt) with your desired upcharge, then charge for your time it takes you to grade it. I assume you will seed & straw it as well so charge accordingly for that as well.
    Good Luck, I like jobs like that myself.

4. NNJLandman

NNJLandman LawnSite Bronze Member

If you have the experience I would suggest maybe landscaping the slope, find some nice shrubs and plants that will absorb the water, maybe a teired wall, boulder scape. Either way I would add some plants that would take in the water. Put some mulch with beds of stones(Delaware River Rock) running through, plants, and boulders....just my 3 cents heh