Backflow Preventer

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by robsherrard, Apr 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cppendergrast

cppendergrast LawnSite Member

Simply put, you don't own the water till it enters you house. They can stop it easy. The law in every state, I believe, sez you are not entitled to the water unless you abide by water-quality laws in that state. Check your regs.

2. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

I think Tx does require irrigation permits.

Eddie lives in Ma. maybe he can chime in.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. cppendergrast

cppendergrast LawnSite Member

Permitting goes to another department, codes. I don't think this question is about permits. = hardware. Its about whether they can bust high hazard users w/o cross-connection control.

This has to do with the water quality laws and how you treat the water, and it's exposure to contaminants, once you own it.

4. bx24

bx24 LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA/TX

Ha Wet, I know this was worked out a long time ago and I would love to cost this city thousands to dig up the pavement; :laugh:

If you have kids under 3 or 4 they cannot turn off the water or electric per the code. Good luck with that one.

Just saying if you live here most laws are BS. And My old high school free work for our city water dept. Not as smart as people think with know what is what.

5. bx24

from MA/TX

Funny in TX I never filled one out, 7 years after the fact..opps...required does not mean anything.Just saying

MA has diff laws for diff locations. My city, up here, requires zero testing, zero permits for installs etc. Hence, there is a water ban here and people are watering at noon (morons). See my point.

Last edited: May 3, 2013
  6. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

I understand your point.

Regardless, the way you worded your posts leads one to believe that you were speaking of the states of Ma. and Tx. not the area in which you reside.

What i don't understand is why a retired contractor would be boasting about their areas non-comformance to a health and safety issue?
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. bx24

from MA/TX

I live in both states (MA and TX) and I retired from the field for $$$ reasons. I do it on the side and that is it; not 60 Y/O to boot! I retired from THAT field but still working.

My point is that a backflow, good or bad, most times is not checked and people (aka customers) really do not care. Grass green, good to go.

Yes it COULD be a health issue (extreme but okay) but from the people in my 2 states, most city people do not even know the laws, do not talk to other depts etc. Ex, in MA I had a business operation issue (outside local laws), mayor said there are not laws about this, building dept stated it was a local police dept issue and had laws. So I called PD and they said it was a building issue.

Just saying ya, there are laws but enforcement is lacking, bigtime, in my live in states. Laws are great when people follow them.

8. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

ok guys, I think it's time to move on from this one

thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.