backflow preventers??

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by baddboygeorge, Oct 16, 2006.

1. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge LawnSite Bronze Member

do you plumb mainline directly into backflow ! I am doing my first system soon an need some advice, i will be using hunter equipment. whats the best brand of backflow preventer to use ?? is a 1 inch mainline ok and everything else will be 3/4 . please help an dont criticize thanks george

2. a good source is the guys at john deere landscapes there on akin rd. they are pretty good.

3. baddboygeorge

they put a bad taste in my mouth years ago i used to do alot of business there in the 90's when it was otte wholesale . when john deere took only the service i have experienced has sucked!I am gonna order everything offline!!

4. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

There are WAY too many variables to answer your questions. :)

5. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Double check valve. Wilkins is good however it is up to availiblity in your area? Also you might be able to get away with a pvb. I am not sure on your state laws so double check those also and then go to a sprinkler store and find out what they have.

6. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Personally Doc... I'm kind of worried about doling out answers to someone who asks if the main line is plumbed directly into the backflow. :rolleyes:

Like I said... WAY too many variables. :laugh:

7. baddboygeorge

i am asking because i dont know ,,, honestly!!! Irrigation is a hidden secret know ones wants to unveil. But i will learn it . i know there will be mistakes ahead of me but thats how ya learn! trial an error is probably the best way to learn,because you will know first hand how to fix if you run into that again! No one around my area will tell ya anything an when ya ask they act like you should know that!!

8. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

True, However, it points them a way to find out the answers.

also bad boy check out jesse stryker's online tutorial.

9. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

10. baddboygeorge

just trying to learn! sorry if i asked some stupid questions , but to me they were logical questions ! i really appreciate helpful people?? thank you so much ,George