Backhoe recommendations

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Andyinchville, Jan 25, 2006.

1. Andyinchville

Andyinchville LawnSite Senior Member

Hi All,
    I am looking at purchasing a full sized backhoe / loader like a Case 580 but was wondering what opinions and recommendations everybody has as to brand and
    specific model number. I was hoping to spend about $15000 on a used machine give or take a little....I plan to use it to do general lot clearing , trenching, grading, hole digging etc....
    Thanks for any input.
    Andrew

2. JS Landscaping

JS Landscaping LawnSite Member

I have a New Holland LB 75B Turbo. I believe its a 2003 model with roughly 400 hours on it. I love it. Plenty of power and when you get that turbo wistling you better believe its pushin into that pile hard. I feel its one of the most powerful backhoes ive ever run, and ive been on everything from Case's to Deere to CAT. The controls are well placed and easy to use, It has a narrow boom so viewing what you are digging with the rear backhoe is easy. Definatly a solid machine that you should definatly look at and try out. Good luck!

James
    JS LANDSCAPING

3. godzilla

godzilla LawnSite Senior Member

A couple friends of mine have New Hollands which they both might sell. One has a 675 which is a very nice machine, but has to be at least 10 years old. It's got the extravator, the 4 in 1 bucket, and 4 wheel drive, not to mention the enclosed cab. He wants something like $20,000 for it. My other friend has a 575 which is about 8 years old, 4x4, 4 in 1 bucket, enclosed cab, etc. but no extravator. He wants about $25,000 for his. They both love their machines.