Backing up data on Gopher

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by lawnprosteveo, Feb 18, 2007.

1. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

Ive had Gopher for awhile now and really like it. What I am having problems with is backing up the database.

I can save the data without any problem onto my hard drive. I was told I should then copy the zip file onto a cd. I did this without problem.

The problem I have is getting the info that has been copied on the cd back to my hard drive so that I can then restore my database.

Last summer my computer crashed and I was unable to restore my database with the cd's I had made. I would really appreciate any help with this since I am not so sharp on computers.:dizzy:

2. MRMelton

MRMelton LawnSite Member

I've never had any problem with it. I've always backed mine up on a usb chip. Although there shouldn't be any difference.

3. mojob

mojob LawnSite Senior Member

Can't you right click on the file and select "copy" and then tell it to go to your "C" drive. I have Groundskeeper Pro and have copied to disk, but not the other way around. I have considered an external hard drive or USB memory for this purpose and back it up as I input info.

4. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

Thanks for the input. I went to Office Depot and bought a USB drive. I tried it out and it works like a charm... Thanks again for helping out this slllooooww learner!:cool2: