Backing up on a velkey.....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BUCKEYE MOWING, Feb 4, 2008.

1. BUCKEYE MOWING

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

In looking at new rider attachments for WB's I see a variety of options....I want to know what you guys prefer and ..Do you feel it's necessary to be able to back up if you get in tight spots (because most are not designed for this )??

2. jsaunders

jsaunders LawnSite Bronze Member

Havenerent.com - 2 wheel swivel sulky awsome and pretty cheap to250/ scratch and dent 199 This set up is much better than the Bullrider- I couldn't keep my bullrider from not breaking+ it was 400

You can back up as fast as you go foward - it is all I 'm using from now on

3. silentbob

silentbob LawnSite Member
    from NJ

I use an Exmark single wheel "Exmark Stand-On" and it's great, a little more expensive than the others, but it bolts to the frame and has a pin that holds it in place so you don't need to use a chain. Plus, the single wheel makes backing up and going forward again easier.

4. willietd2

willietd2 LawnSite Member
    from OHIO

hey, how does that swivel sulky do on hillsides? i got a two wheel velkie that will cruise on a pretty good slope. just wandering if the sulky tries to kick out. thanks,willie

5. BUCKEYE MOWING

Need more thoughts boys....

6. willietd2

from OHIO

hey buckeye, have you thought about a pro slide or do you want something you dont have to step off when backing up?

7. BUCKEYE MOWING

Not sure what I want yet ....tried the two wheel and single wheel ...looking like a proslide is the way to go but....LOL I guess I want to hear everyones pros and cons on all of them..

8. willietd2

from OHIO

i know what ya mean,although i was curious about the swivel sulky on the hills. maybe that guy will chime in. willie

9. jsaunders

jsaunders LawnSite Bronze Member

Have no fear- I'm back.
    Hills are better with the swivel wheel sulky than the 2 wheel velky.
    On a steep hill going across it with the velky, the velky will pitch/slide to the bottom of the hill. The swivel wheel sulky follows the same tire tracks as the mower.
    www.havenerent.com/MowerSulky.htm
    sw2000/02

Joel

10. abcfamily

abcfamily LawnSite Member

I use a 15hp 36" exmark. I like the idea of the proslide but am fearful that the front end of the mower will want to lift and bounce causing an uneven cut. {I already have about 25# of weight on the front end.} Any proslide owners that can answer this?
    Buckeye do you feel your single hydro can handle a proslide?