Backlinks- WEIRD!!

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by Ben Bowen, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Ben Bowen

Ben Bowen LawnSite Bronze Member
    from PNW

Since this has been brought back up- Google now shows 34 links from the site, down from 450 or so. Again, I never thought they were worth much- I was just curious about how they existed. Thanks for all the feedback guys.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. ebassett

ebassett LawnSite Member

34 links? Beautiful.

I'll ask around on some IM forums and get their take.

3. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

Not beautiful, just interesting if you've never encountered the anomaly. Those 34 are not providing a 34x value and that number of 34 will soon be one as Google continues to fully index the site. He's already seen an initial plummet from a significant beginning number.

It was one comment getting indexed across all pages. Do it at the right time, and it's a reputable phenomena, albeit one with no value beyond the one, true link.

4. ebassett

ebassett LawnSite Member

Hmm, interesting. I suspect you're right. Google will ultimately ratify just 1 link.

You work in Internet Marketing Tony?

5. tonygreek

Ecommerce strategy, branding, and design as a focus, but full life-cycle from the enterprise level on down for 16 years. As it relates to your part of the world, I spent close to 2 years commuting from the states to Warwick and Cardiff for a data center architecture project I led.

As you're not able to private message yet, I just sent an email to you via your site's form re: your mobile plugin question from the other thread.

6. tonygreek

As a correction to this, I noticed I typed "reputable", but meant "repeatable".

7. ebassett

ebassett LawnSite Member

Thanks Tony. I got the message.