1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Backpack Blower and my cat.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CODYHEATHER, Oct 26, 2004.

CODYHEATHER LawnSite Member

Don't get me wrong, this is not about animal abuse, but I want someone else to try this and see what happens. I started my backpack blower the other day, strapped it on and was getting ready to start blowing leaves. My cat that lives outside was sitting on the ground wanting to be petted, so I reached down and touched him, wow, this cat just freaked out, almost did a black flip, it's hair was standing strait up. I've never seen anything like it. It didn't scare him away, I don't think the cat is too smart, because I call him and he will come over and let me pet him again. Showed my neighbor this trick, I think he's still laughing about it. I quess the vibration from the blower just freaks him out. If you have a cat you got to try this.
  2. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

If I had a cat and a back pack blower I would try it but unfortunately I don't have either one.
  3. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm surprised the cat fell for it a second time.
  4. exmarkjockey

exmarkjockey LawnSite Member

I'll let someone else try it first, my cat is 25lbs and still has his claws :rolleyes:

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

my 2 cents you shocked the cat
  6. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Yup that'd be my guess........static electricity..............

7. Eric 1

Eric 1 LawnSite Bronze Member

:eek: 25 lbs! That thing must me HUGE. :alien:
  8. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

I know it's not the same (or a cat), but our New Foundland loves to jump and bite at the air when I point the blower at her. She spazs and runs around like a psycho. Pretty funny. Gotta love the animals, keeps you a little less insane at times.