Backpack blower ban

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by BMFD92, May 24, 2006.

1. BMFD92

BMFD92 LawnSite Senior Member

I just found out today that a local city in my county has put a ban on backpack blowers. If anyone is around my area the city is called Yonkers just on the northern border of Bronx. I don't know how you can possibly keep city parks and streets clean without them. Their is a local rally with area landscapers to fight against it. Are their any other people on here affected by this law? What do you guys think about something like this? I think it is ridiculous.

2. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Yonkers capitial of the kimber finest 45 ever made.

3. Allen's LS

Allen's LS LawnSite Member

:dizzy: Who came up with that crazy AZZ law? Hillary??? LOL :hammerhead:

4. BMFD92

BMFD92 LawnSite Senior Member

lol it was probably her. she lives two towns over. The city is pretty dirty to begin with. The are going to have to arm 5,000 people with rakes and brooms to keep those parks and sidewalks clean.

5. Allen's LS

She probably got jealous that something could blow more air than her... :laugh:

6. 4curbappeal

4curbappeal LawnSite Senior Member

No offense, but are you serious? Let me guess??? Die hard republican! It seems to me like whenever you speak - Your brains fall out!

7. Allen's LS

No not hard core anything. Your reading way too far into it. Just joking around. But it does seem to be ridiculous law.

8. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

if they pass this law, they should give everybody with a backpack blower, a comercial handheld, free of charge. this is B.S. i would make far less money and spend more time doing cleanups with out one. i can't believe hillary would start a Ban like this, but i am a hardcore Hillary fan, she will do great things when elected in 2008.

9. General Landscaping

General Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Time to start wearing it backwards.

It'll be interesting to see how the law is worded; there may be room for bending the rules.

10. 4curbappeal

4curbappeal LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry! It is just plain stupid! I hope it doesn't pass!