Backpack Blower, Billy Goat Blower, Weedwhip

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by BeautifulBlooms, Nov 29, 2005.

1. BeautifulBlooms

BeautifulBlooms LawnSite Senior Member

I have 3 pieces of equipment that are very new and am looking for the exact way to winterize them.

My Billy Goat blower is an 11 horsepower briggs and stratton (Regular Fuel). I just ran the fuel out of it but will whatever fuel that may be left inside the tank for the next 4 months or more do any damage? Should I run some fuel stabilizer into the carb??

Same thing with the other two cycle pieces my lesco weedwhip and husqvarna backpack blower?

I ran the fuel out but there may still be some residue in the tanks and carbureators. Please help me get this right!

2. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Put stabilizer in all the units and start them up and let run 5 to 7 min. this will allow the stabilizer to enter the carbs. then put them away. There is no need to run the carbs dry for such a short period of time.

3. BeautifulBlooms

So should I refill the tanks, with fuel, then add the correct amount of stabilizer to each tank

What about storing a 5 gallon tank of regular fuel, does that need to be treated for the winter? or just the two cycle and the engines themselves

4. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Yes, That would be the best way to take care of it.

Yes, I would suggest putting stabilizer in the storage tank also if it is going to sit. But what I do is put any extra fuel I have left at season end in my car or van so I start the new season with fresh fuel.

5. BeautifulBlooms

I'm not an idiot but that hadnt even crossed my mind about putting it in my car. Thanks again for the input. I may have thought of that eventually, but who knows. My mind did shut down a little this fall now that we are done.