backpack blower blues

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ronslawncare, May 27, 2001.

1. ronslawncare

ronslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

i have a echo bp blower when i bought it the strap was ripping well it did about 2 weaks ago .today my other strap ripped i just tied them up my friend said supposedly there like 40.oo to replace each one .just wanted to see if theres a cheaper method thats 80.00 i could really use..thanx ronnie

2. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

There is an old thread on this topic. I think someone said they used straps from a backpack (used for hiking) to replace the straps for the blower.

3. Hillbilly

Hillbilly LawnSite Member

If your Echo broke where mine did, at the top were it loops through the blower housing, I took a piece of an old Tie down strap and sewed it to the pad and looped it through the blower. Then, I took a heated nail and pushed it through were the strap overlapped itself. To finish it off, I took a small bolt and nut with two flat washers and bolted it tight together. I have used mine this way for more than two years.

4. ronslawncare

ronslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

i used ties today they work great but im gona read the thread on use back pack straps.

5. Fallguy

Fallguy LawnSite Member

maybe you could try customising your own new straps from a salvage yard - go cut out a old seatbelt out of a car and buy a rivit gun set for the next time it happens - its well worthit if your blower is worth salvaging.:alien: