backpack blower blues

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Aaron Marshall, Jun 10, 2004.

1. Aaron Marshall

Aaron Marshall LawnSite Member

A couple weeks ago I ran over my backpack new stihl backpack blower. Boy, talk about a sad day. I had to dump my grass in my bed so i set it between my truck and my trailer because I didn't have a rack on my trailer for it. I loaded my lawnmower on the trailer and forgot the blower, needless to say, it got crunched :( .
    So with that note, does anyone have parts, or a junk motor in a stihl BR 420 Magnum that they would be willing to get rid of? Man do I feel dumb. I heard all these stories about them falling of on the freeway and I was like how does that happen? Well, I'm no better. I have had the thing for about 3 months and now it doesn't work. Live and learn I guess. Thanks guys.

2. Garden Panzer

Garden Panzer Banned
    from Seattle

Don't feel bad... sheet happens. Every year I seem to run over my toolbox and cell phone. The worst was the year I ran over a workers foot! I mean what the fu--!! How could he just stand there? But it happened....you'll get some extra job to pay for a new blower....you'll see!
    :cool:

3. mbricker

mbricker LawnSite Senior Member

Have you checked with your insurance co.?

Possibly your vehicle policy would include coverage for this, particularly if you have specifically had your agent write "commercial use" insurance.

Good luck. We all do these boners sometimes.

4. Aaron Marshall

Aaron Marshall LawnSite Member

Yeah, I have insurance on all my equipment, but there is a 500 dollar deductable... guess that wouldn't make sence on a 400 dollar piece of equipment. Thanks anyways :(

5. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

Look on ebay you'll see about 20 of them you could probably get one for a 100.00 or cheaper.

6. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

Ran my cell phone over last week. Things like that happen.

7. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

ran over a curb today...