Backpack blower ? Echo or Red Max?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Turf Dancer, May 23, 2003.

1. Turf Dancer

Turf Dancer LawnSite Senior Member

I know another question :sleeping: I need a good backpack blower with a lot of power ! I have a great Stihl dealer but Stihl is lacking in that department! I have a dealer who I am going to be buying Mowers from 65 miles away! He has both Echo and Red Max ! He said He sells about 50/50 on the Highpower backpacks! Echo PB 650 and Red Max EB 7000 which should I get ?
    The Red Max has more power, a larger air cleaner, and is 3.3 pounds lighter.

The Echo has a 2 year commercial warrenty

I am thinking Echo ! What do you think ?

2. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

Redmax 7001. I have the 7000 and its awesome. I hear the 7001 is even better.

Get the Redmax!

3. Clay

Clay LawnSite Member

Turf Dancer,

I have an Echo 750 due to arrive Tuesday or Wed.... Will let you know what I think, but I believe you will be happy with either...

Clay

4. rob1325

rob1325 LawnSite Senior Member

I have the Redmax 7000. Whats difference between 7000 and 7001?

5. yardman1

yardman1 LawnSite Senior Member

I have both the remax 7001 and the echo 650, I like the redmax alot better than the echo, has about the same amount of power but the redmax runs alot smoother.

6. ULTIMATE LAWN

ULTIMATE LAWN Banned
    from AL

The Echo outblows the RedMax by a narrow margin.

I own both & always grab the Echo for wet clippings & larger areas.

7. Turf Dancer

Turf Dancer LawnSite Senior Member

The EB 7001 has a little more power than the EB7000
    EB7001 has 855 cfm at the tubes vs. 730 cfm with the EB7000
    Also the EB7001 is 205 mph air speed vs. 204 mph with the EB7000 ! Not much difference on air speed ! Volume is substantial!

8. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

I bought the Echo 750, it has the big air cleaner, MUCH better straps and you can decide before you order which side you want the throttle. It's $30 more but you should be able to get him to knock that off. If he sells both, you can't go wrong with either one. I just can't forget the Echo demo last year. It beat all blowers there, including the Redmax.

9. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Its volume that moves debris, airspeed is a component but if displacement of air is what you want.

Sorry I am not otherwise qualified to answer here being that you are not talking about a product that I use but I do have a Shindiawa EB630 that is a heck of a machine.

10. Buba

Buba LawnSite Member
    from PA

Iv'e used both and the Redmax EB7001 blows just a little more than the echo 650 or 750 blower The redmax is alot lighter weight and has a much better air cleaner. RedMax also has a 2 year warranty.