Backpack blower ? Echo or Red Max?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Turf Dancer, May 23, 2003.

1. Farmboy

Farmboy LawnSite Member

All the lawn cutters around here use Redmax for blowers.

2. Turf Dancer

Turf Dancer LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Buba the Redmax is just a 1 year warrenty ! Thanks !

3. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I have a 7000 and 7001. The 7001 is noticably more powerful. Its 125 cfm more. Its a workhorse.

4. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

Go with the echo.

I have both a stihl br 420c magnum and an Echo pb 46ht.

I like them both, plus I have run an echo with the lco I work for, it really blows :eek:

5. Firefighter Dave

Firefighter Dave LawnSite Member

I have the Redmax EB7001 and LOVE it...Best one I ever had.... first one I have really ever had if you don't count the hand held....

Dave

:blob2: :blob2:

6. fblandscape

fblandscape Banned

I have used both Echo and Red Max back pack blowers before... own machines from both companies. I have yet to have a single problem with the Red Max equipment. Cannot say the same for the Echo equipment.

7. just grass

just grass LawnSite Member

the guys i work with use redmax they say it has good performance and starts always on the first pull. i started with a stihl due to finances, my second blower will be a Red max. the redmax also puts out aot of air i beleive its over 200mph.

8. Buba

Buba LawnSite Member
    from PA

Hey turfdancer, Redmax has a 2 year warranty on all of their commercial products. I don't know why your dealer did not give you the second year. All dealers in our area give the 2 year warantry, they call it the pcp plan. (preferred customer plan). I would ask the dealer why.

9. hboyd_com

hboyd_com LawnSite Member
    from PA

For anyone in the northern states.... Has anyone ever tried to blow snow with a backpack blower. I know the snow would have to be the lighter stuff... but has anyone had any success?

10. DoubleCutter

DoubleCutter LawnSite Member

I was going to purchase a redmax after my brother told me about his. But upon going to my stealer I found that it had the worst back support cushion I have ever seen, just a piece of flexible rubber. I went to another dealer and purchased the biggest Shindawia blower I could I think its the EB-760? I have to say It looks just like the Redmax....

In response to the gentlemen commenting on using it for blowing snow. Its phenomenal how nice it blows..."dry" snow....I mean snow that is fluffy and didnt melt a bit when it hits walkways....It saves you a ton of time, cleans the walks spotlessly, walks need no sand or salt, and looks pretty neat seeing footmarks left on the walkway when you are done LOL.
    We started doing it that way over 8 years ago and now I see everyone doing it....Its the only way...plus it saves my accts alot of money rather than doing it by hand. My brother switched blowers with me and said the Shindawia is as good or even better than his redmax....I really like the Echo blowers too but didnt like the excessive length of the throttle handle on the Echos. Bill