Backpack blower for left handers

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by Birdman, Oct 26, 2002.

1. Birdman

Birdman LawnSite Member
    from 6

I am looking for a backpack blower that has the blower tube on the left side. Does anyone make a left handed backpack blower?

2. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Hey Birdman. Not sure about an answer to your question, but I will say that I'm left handed and have no problem with my backpack blower which has the tube on the right.
    Actually the throttle is on the left which I keep my hand on the whole time anyway while my right hand directs the tube.

It wasn't like I had to get used to it or anything, it didn't seem un-natural (like it would if I tried using a fork with my right hand).

So if it turns out that there are no 'left hand only' blowers available, I wouldn't worry about it. I don't think you'll have any problem with a righty. Good luck.

3. IBGreen

IBGreen LawnSite Senior Member

No tubes on the left side!:D But thats a lgit question because my dad asked me the same question, he's a lefty. You'll just have to get used to it.

4. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

blower works for me i use my left hand for fork but eating steak i need left hand for knife so i just eat with the knife it works for me

5. GraZZmaZter

GraZZmaZter LawnSite Senior Member

Never seen a left handed backpack blower. I am a lefty (somtimes) and it dont bother me to use to backpack blower with the controls on the right.

6. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

You could always wear the blower on your chest and turn the tube around1:D

7. GraZZmaZter

GraZZmaZter LawnSite Senior Member

Greenman - LOL

8. lipower

lipower LawnSite Member
    from 25

I am also looking for a a back pack blower for a guy who has lost his right hand in a car wreck. If any one has anything in mind for him Drop me a line

9. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

you are pretty much going to be SOL as the blower impeller rotates the same direction as the engine so you have to find a manufacturer who mounts the engine opposite of everyone else, or someone who makes an engine that rotates another direction or add some section onto the existing tubbing that brings th e hose around to the other side (proably your easisest and cheapest remedy)

of course you could use a handheld blower or buy a low HP walk behind blower....

10. joepetrilli

joepetrilli LawnSite Member

I wish there was a left handed blower tube! My right arm is killing me and keeping me awake at night. I cant imagine the damage I'm doing to my right arm!

John Martinez likes this.