Backpack Blower Racks

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by All_Toro_4ME, Mar 25, 2008.

1. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

What do you guys use? I tried the one from trailerracks.com and my echo PB-755 blower won't fit in it. D@mmit. I tried another rack,the br-60 model I believe where the blower hangs from the top handle from a hook, and didn't like it either. Felt like too much weight was hanging on a plasitc part. Would rather have the weight supported on the bottom, not the top. So.... what blower rack will work for the 755?

2. To get the PB-755 to work in our rack you have to make a small modification to your blower. On the blower itself in between the blower housing and the backpack there is a plastic mesh screen. You need to cut a notch in that screen large enough for our securing bar to slide through.

3. All_Toro_4ME

Bump. C'mon guys what blower racks do you use. I dont want to modify my blower. It's brand new. I'll likely return the rack. Website says that it fits most blower racks. What a joke. Why don't they list the models of the blowers it actually will fit, without having to do a bunch of mods to make it fit.

4. If you would like to return it you are welcome to. However the modification you have to do is very easy and small and just involves cutting a plastic screen (which you can do with a pair of scissors) and will not damage your blower in any way. We are making changes to our website and updating our instructions with a picture that clearly shows how to do this. You can see the new instructions here:

http://www.greentouch.com/BA031_INS.pdf

Figure 4 is the modification you would have to make to your blower.

5. All_Toro_4ME

Bump. No one's coming forward?

6. JosephLawnCare

JosephLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

I bought two jungle jims (one 1 blower holder and one 2 blower holder) $175 total., yesterday for my pb 650s. When I get them on (maybe today) I'll let you know how they work. They seemed to be the best built for the money that I could find.

7. Quality Cuts PLS

Quality Cuts PLS LawnSite Member

Check out Gridiron by Novae Corp. It supports the blower from the bottom, and has a slide bracket that grabs the rear frame and can be locked. It is also modular in design and can be mounted in many positions on the post.

8. All_Toro_4ME

Thanks joseph. Any way you can post pics as well with the blower in the unit, locked etc? I'm hoping you wont have to modify your blower so that it will fit in the rack.

9. All_Toro_4ME

I like this design http://www.kimbersinc.com/prodDetail.asp?pn=BP02
    It seems very sturdy and well made. Do you use them for your blowers? It says it works with all blowers, but after my prior experience, I'm cautious now. My blower is echo pb 755

10. Quality Cuts PLS

Quality Cuts PLS LawnSite Member

It is the same one. Just order direct from Novae Corp., the manufacturer, I have used them for ten years, this is my seventh trailer I have set up with them. It works, period.