1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

backpack blower strap cut in half

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by RonWin, Jul 23, 2013.

1. RonWin

RonWin LawnSite Senior Member

Is it time to sew or is there another way ? :p
  2. Jaybrown

Jaybrown LawnSite Bronze Member

Buy a new strap ?????
  3. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

What kind is it? My redmax sell for 25 each. My wife said she could make new ones for cheap.
  4. RonWin

RonWin LawnSite Senior Member

its a redmax 8500z lol, they're 25 a strap? jeez. Where can I even go to find replacement straps? Cant seem to find a link.
  5. Johnagain

Johnagain LawnSite Senior Member

jeez, maybe a dealer.
  6. 44DCNF

44DCNF LawnSite Bronze Member

If you'd rather repair it, bronze rivets, chicago rivets, or h.d. snaps like you'd see in leather work should to the trick. I"ved use them to repair the webbed belts of tool pouches.
  7. herler

herler LawnSite Fanatic

Oh yours only cost $25 each OEM, mine cost $80 for the whole set and I mean you have to buy the whole thing... Not going to tell you where I found my replacements but I will let you in that about 4 years or so ago I replaced the ones on my backpack blower with standard backpack straps like the ones made for hiking and while it did require some minor modifications I have been very pleased, they cost me $20 the pair with the shipping thou I certainly did have to shop around some.
  8. dutch1

dutch1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Jayhawk