Backpack Blower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnman72, Jun 27, 2007.

1. lawnman72

lawnman72 LawnSite Member

Hey all, I'm looking for a powerful backpack blower that isn't extremely expensive. I looked at redmax and their ain't no way that i'm paying $500 dollars for something that blowes grass and leaves. Anyway i just want a blower that is powerful, light, reliable and durable.

got a suggestion, lay it on me today.

2. timmac

timmac LawnSite Senior Member

i got a tanaka 7600 that i am proud of.

3. JoeKidd

JoeKidd LawnSite Member

Pay the 500 for a top of the line blower, their worth the money. We use Echo PB-651s and I think they have payed for themselves many times over. Of course we blow alot of leaves in the fall and these great blowers make short work out of big jobs.

4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

You're gonna get what you pay for, period...spend the money if ya want something decent.

5. Lawnut101

Lawnut101 LawnSite Silver Member

yep, don't mess with the cheap crap. Get an Echo PB-755 or a Redmax Eb7001. They both rock, and you'll easily pay them off. they are workhorses.

6. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

I Have a 650 and a 755 and they are the best blowers for the money. Start on first second pull, always and $650 is a steal for a 755 up here. The redmax 8000 runs for around $1200.

Cheers

7. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

8. T Total Lawncare

T Total Lawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from The deep south

What do you want handheld, backpack? Whatcha blowing yards, sidewalks, driveways, large parking lots? How long do you want to spend blowing? Are you gonna use it at home or commercially? :confused: These are just a few factors in the equasion to ponder.

9. T Total Lawncare

T Total Lawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from The deep south

Oh yeah how much you loooking at spending?

10. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

What Rod said.

You want a decent blower, you're going to have to cough up the $.