1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Backpack blower

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by A to Z lawn care, May 14, 2008.

1. A to Z lawn care

A to Z lawn care LawnSite Member

ok guys, me and my buddy banked up approametly $600 and are looking for a nice blower but dont know what kind to get any suggestions would be helpful.

thanks in advance,
  2. 4curbappeal

4curbappeal LawnSite Senior Member

Here are my suggestions in order!

1. Red Max EBZ8000

2. Echo PB755

3. Echo PB620
  3. Nick's Lawn Care

Nick's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Stihl BR-600!!!
  4. D & J Lawn Care

D & J Lawn Care LawnSite Member

man i would get 2 nice used blowers for that much I have a new br600 I bought a shindiwia eb630 mint condition off ebay for $200 and it rocks froma consignment store in miami got it the next day and blower saves the most time and 2 good high power blowers are the best
  5. FLAhaulboy

FLAhaulboy LawnSite Senior Member

Consider the best commerical warranty. Stihl is one yr vs Echo two yrs, commerical use. My last blower was an Echo backback, The cheap one I bought at Home Depot, That ran for yrs w/o going in for repairs. Personally, I've been wanting to buy the new BR600 since it came out (been using Stihl for 25 yrs) but I am rethinking this because Echo has a BETTER warranty over Stihl and I think their quality is just as good as Stihl's.
  6. hackitdown

hackitdown LawnSite Silver Member

I have a Stihl BR600 which has been excellent. But it is only 6 months old...and 4 of those months it sat in the garage waiting for the snow to melt.
  7. A to Z lawn care

A to Z lawn care LawnSite Member

i finaly got one i just bought the pb-413 echo and got to use it today and i love it it works perfect for me because im only 13 and am not doing huge commercial jobs.

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

i would go with the stihl. I dont really have much experience with other brands but everyone i have talked to recomends the Stihl and in the amount of time ive had mine i havnt had one problem
  9. lawnshark2420

lawnshark2420 LawnSite Member

yeah like d&j said online consignment store on ebay is your best bet. i suggest the shindaiwa eb630 also. great blowers i have 2 of them.
  10. mtwcutt

mtwcutt LawnSite Member
    from OKC, OK

I have the Tanaka 7800r and it has been a great blower for the past couple of seasons. I have not used many others but I like this one especially for price compared.