Backpack Blower

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by tls22, Oct 9, 2008.

?

Backpack Blower

Poll closed Nov 8, 2008.
  1. Yes all the time i hate it!

8 vote(s)
    17.4%
  2. Im to lawn savy for that to happen to me!

18 vote(s)
    39.1%
  3. Dum poll, never post again!

20 vote(s)
    43.5%
  1. East Coast Lawn Choppers

East Coast Lawn Choppers LawnSite Member

We have a Stihl's 600, 2-550's a 340 and about 6 420's, only time they shut off when they are on your back is when a customer bothers us in the middle of a job. Luckily they run so good and start so easy we just reach back and one pull they fire right back up. We like the 600 and 550's they are quiet and have plenty of power.

2. mngrassguy

mngrassguy LawnSite Silver Member

I'd like to see that. Send us a video. Please

3. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

I just tried to do that today, took me 3 trys but I did it, and the blower was also already warmed up. Don't think I could do it if it wasn't

4. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member

And Too, not to.

5. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member

We run 2 BR600's, the only time they pizz us off is when the are 1/4 full of gas and start the 'outa gas hesitation'.

6. BlackCloudDiesel

BlackCloudDiesel LawnSite Member

I don't have that happen too much. I think I've got 20 or 25 of the Shindaiwa EB630's. I love them!!!! They usually die while on my back because there's little fuel left in the tank and I push it to see if I can blow everything before refueling. Sometimes it works, sometimes not!

7. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

that only happens if i run out of gas or im talking to somebody but i can start it when its on my back so its no big deal. or its easy enough to slip one shoulder strap off and pull it with the free hand while one strap is still on