1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Backpack blower!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by burns, Mar 1, 2011.

1. burns

burns LawnSite Member

Hi guys im new here i was just wondering for those of you who run stihl bp blowers what a good medium level model would be. Ive never had my own bp but im sick of using handheld blowers and most of my stuff is stihl and everyone i know uses stihl so im kind of partial i guess. What im looking for is something enough to blow my clippings and the couple leaf cleanups i have. i don't need the most powerful but not some cheapo home depot model type blower. Im also new to the idea of trying a redmax so if anyone has any input on those it would be great.. thanks!

2. TNGrassCutter

TNGrassCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

Br 420 or 500 would probably be good. One of mine is an echo pb 500 and it is fine for clippings and a few leaves. I think the still 420 or 500 is probably comparable to my echo.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

I used to use 420's. Good medium blower. I bought a BR600 and will never go smaller again. The difference is price is small and its always better to have too much power.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. rlitman

rlitman LawnSite Bronze Member

The Stihl BR500 is less powerful and more expensive than the BR550. You only buy that one if you want a low noise blower.