Backpack blower....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sailinstud420, May 8, 2004.

1. sailinstud420

sailinstud420 LawnSite Senior Member

Blower question....

What do you all think is neccesary as far as CFM or MPH in terms of a backpack blower. I want one that will get the job done, not something that is like a home duty hand held blower mounted on my back. I'm looking at either a Echo PB46LN, Redmax 6200, or a Stihl BR400. Anyone use any of these, whats the best? I know the echo does 380 CFM, has a 44 CC engine, a max airspeed of 175, and 800 CFM in the housing. What do you go by, I heard the MPH is normally very inaccurate and it just depends on the size of the pipe. Is the CFM in the Housing the most accurate thing to compare to? How many CFM are your blowers, how many CC? What do you all reccommend? How many hours is a blower good for? Any idea what it costs to rebuild them?

2. Likestomow

Likestomow LawnSite Senior Member

If you ever use a Redmax (EB6200, EB7000, EB7001) you will never want anything else.

I have four.

3. jrwinter74

jrwinter74 LawnSite Member

I just bought a Solo and love it. They have remanufactured ones now that carry the same warranty as a new one for around 300.00. I have yet to pull the thing more than 2 times and it cranks and runs like a dream. I too have a Weedeater Brand but it still runs good but has nowhere near the power the Solo does. Might give them a look. JW

4. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Get the Stihl BR420C Magnum. Best blower out there.

5. The Lawn Boy Pro

The Lawn Boy Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey man, if you need a blower, I can get ya a Redmax for chumpchange. I got the ones in the below picture for about $125/each.

redmax eb 4300 blowers.jpg

6. JRSlawn

JRSlawn LawnSite Senior Member

lauren I need one

7. barringtonbrothers

barringtonbrothers LawnSite Senior Member

Red max blowers are by far the best! I love mine and I am thinking about getting another one. I havnt found one yet that has greater wind speed or air volume. Im thinking about getting the new eb7001 with the srato charge engine, because the only thing I dont like about em is the gas usage, jesus do they suck down the gass on clean up jobs.

8. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

I have an Echo PB-750T (64cc) and a Stihl BR-400 (57 cc). Both are excellent blowers and well worth what they cost. The Echo is an awesome machine, but is heavy and a gas HOG!! I only use it for heavy duty work. I like the BR-400 for clean-ups after mowing because it is lighter and easier to use for quick clean-ups. It has plenty of power and doesn't use as much gas as the Echo. If you are going to be using the blower mainly for clean-up after mowing get the Stihl BR-420 ( same as the BR-400 and the BR-400 is no longer made). I don't think you'll want to use a blower the size of the Echo PB750 for every job, but it is powerful and well built.

9. RTallday

RTallday LawnSite Member

I use Redmax eb7001 backpack blowers. They are the best in my opinion, but i do know that echo makes some very good ones too. They are less common, but they are pretty powerful.

-Rich

10. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm interested. PM me. Thanks.