backpack blowers and enclosed

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GrassRoots Grounds, Jul 7, 2004.

1. GrassRoots Grounds

GrassRoots Grounds LawnSite Member

What do you guys use to hold your backpack blowers on the walls of an enclosed trailer. What I am using must not be worth a darn everyday when the crew comes back the blowers are everywhere in the trailer, and of course they say "we are driving ok"

2. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

Grass roots, I'm builing a shelf at the front of my trailer out of ply wood and 2x4's. when I'm done, it'll hold my blower, tools, extra spool of line, etc... and best of all, I've got about 35 invested in it. I'll post pix when I'm done.. ( been busy )

3. eshreve1234

eshreve1234 LawnSite Member

I use those metal J hooks that you hang a hose/bike on in your garage. Cost about 1.50/each and just screw them into the side of the trailer. Blower hangs on it, then I screwed a bungee type cord a bit farther down to secure the blower chute. It has never come off. Total cost under 5 bucks, and 10 mins of thought/time.

4. hartslawnmain

hartslawnmain LawnSite Member

I use the J hooks also. I've used them for trimmer, pole trimmer and edger. (Right side of trailer.) Blower hangs on left side. They have different sizes of these hooks so you can mix and match. Get 'em at Lowe's or HD. I just lay rakes and shovels in front, on the floor from side to side. No problems but doesn't look all that good. I'd like to see tx's pix when he's through with his.

5. GrassRoots Grounds

GrassRoots Grounds LawnSite Member

Does anyone have and pictures. I will show you what I have tomorrow and maybe somebody will have some ideas on how to fix it!!!

6. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

Guy's, if I can get my F-n'-Law to help me again, I'll get it done one of these evenings. He helped me with my trimmer racks and they came out awesome ( for stuff made out of wood ) I suck at wood fabbin', and I don't currently have a welding shop at my disposal, Other wise it would have already been done.