backpack blowers what model and make ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Ace 1, Feb 9, 2001.

1. Ace 1

Ace 1 LawnSite Member

so what do you guys think of husky and or shindaiwa blowers echo or stihl give me some model #'s if you don't mind and why ?

2. Mitchell

Mitchell LawnSite Member

Im looking @ Echo model 46 $350.00 @ Home Depot 1 yr. com. guarentee. It weights 23#'s which is more than most other BP. Redmax same blower is 369.00 but I think it is better built .

3. BUSHMASTER

BUSHMASTER LawnSite Senior Member

All are great units.......i perfer stihl its what i started with and sti;ll running..parts are easy to get here and they blow like heck....ask 4 machnics about a problem and you get 4 answers......whats is being used most in your
    region? demo...demo.demo.

4. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

I can only sing the praises of the sthil bp-400. there are better blowers out there according to reports but there ween't when I bought, which was about 5 years ago.

5 years. and no real complaints.... if I were you, I'd check out the bp-400.

the bottomline...power is everything. go for it!;)

GEO

5. teamII

teamII LawnSite Member

SHINDIAWA EB640 I BOUGHT THIS LAST YEAR AND ITS BETTER THAN ANYTHING I HAVE OWNED (STIHL, HUSKY, TANAKA) I BELIEVE IF YOU POINTED IT STRIGHT DOWN IT WOULD LIFT YOU OFF THE GROUND..LOL

6. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

We have Shindaiwa EB630s

7. MIDSOUTH

MIDSOUTH LawnSite Senior Member

RED MAX EB7000

8. Sammy

Sammy LawnSite Bronze Member

The Stihl BP-400 is being upgraded to the BP-420

9. rdh

rdh LawnSite Senior Member

just tell your dealer you want the best,if its not orange and white,go find a nother dealer.

10. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

Husky