Backpack blowers...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 04TurfT, Jun 12, 2006.

1. 04TurfT

04TurfT LawnSite Senior Member

Which one do yall think is a better all around blower the stihl 600 or the shindaiwa 630? I got a friend who swears the stihl but I like my Shindy 630

2. jazak

jazak LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

The new sthils I have heard aren't as good. I use a Sthil BR-400 and love it!!

3. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

I picked up the shind 8310 4banger and its amazing. It blows my echo bp750 out of the water.

4. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I agree big time ...get the BR400 it has adjustable carb and that will be very important down the line. Let others test the new models until they have proven that they are up to 2 stroke longevity.

5. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

icould not agree more . let others be the guinea pigs-get the shindy 630

6. bkdlawnCo

bkdlawnCo LawnSite Member

> i love my stihl br600....starts first pull, real quiet, mind blowing power... simply i can;t imagine having anyother blower....the 4 mix technology is great....

7. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

i have had 3 shindaiwa eb630, and i love them, they go forever, i reciently got my newest eb630 stolen, and replaced it with the eb8510, and the 8510 is amazing, lol

8. SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES LawnSite Senior Member

I just started using my br600 last week. I have never used a shind since I am a stihl man, but this is my first backpack and it rocks. I can clear a drive way from one spot almost. I can't wait until leaf cleanup season. If you are looking for a great blower that starts on the first pull and runs smoth the stihl is the one. Put it this way. I let my wife use it this weekend when she wanted to help out and she said she likes using it better than my scag tiger cub, and that is saying a lot.

9. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

I have the shin 630. It's on it's 3rd year. In the 2nd year, it was running horribly (sounded about to throw a rod). I came to the conclusion it was the Shin ONE oil causing the problem, soon as I switched to Tanaka oil, the problem started clearing up. Mark from Tanaka said the Shin One is inferior oil compared to the other oil Shin and Tanaka make. So why does Shin make Shin One?? To sell more equipment when the stuff dies?!? The blower sounds ok now, but the kill switch doesn't work. I ordered a Tanaka bp blower, should be here soon, I can't wait!

AVOID Shin One oil!!

10. 04TurfT

04TurfT LawnSite Senior Member

yeah I've been pretty satisfied with my shindy 630... It's pretty strong I would def buy it again, I was just seeing what other people had to say about the stihl.