1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Backpack Blowers

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by Landscape89, Oct 21, 2006.

?

Backpack Blowers

1. Redmax

24.1%
  2. Stihl

39.4%
  3. Echo

26.8%
  4. Shindaiwa

9.6%
  5. Husqvarna

5.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Snyderserv5060

Snyderserv5060 LawnSite Member

I have 2 Echo PB 750's (well ones a 751 but the only difference is the model year) I love them! Never had any issues with them at all. The strap wore out on the one but it was only like $12-15 for a new Echo one so that worked itself out in no time.
    Plugs, gas, airfilters...runs like a champ, starts easily and has a ton of power :laugh:

2. stihl only! BR-600 only (from this past year forward), I have a bunch of 420's & 340's for sale cheap!

3. E&J lawncare

E&J lawncare LawnSite Member

It is hard to beat anything with a shindaiwa sticker on it.

4. BC Landscaping

BC Landscaping LawnSite Member

I like the RedMax EBZ7001. It has a lot of power.

5. redwingsfan

redwingsfan LawnSite Member

I have a Redmax 8000 and it works great. I had some smaller units and ended up spending a lot more time using them. I believe the Redmax 8000 is still the most powerful blower and not that much more $$ than any of the others. I have no problem handling the weight of the 8000 either.
    I also have/had some Stihl equipment and have been disappointed with the units and with Stihl's customer service. I had to replace a carb (made in .... china!) on a Stihl that was only a couple years old.

6. soloscaper

soloscaper LawnSite Member

all redmax, 3 eb7000 1 ebz8000

7. JayD

JayD LawnSite Silver Member

how much is that RedMax 8000?

8. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

I currently have an EBZ8000 backpack, EBZ7001 backpack, and HTZ2600 handheld... The leaves don't stand a chance:weightlifter:

9. JayD

JayD LawnSite Silver Member

How much are they?
    Thanks

10. tamadrummer

tamadrummer LawnSite Bronze Member

Had to vote RedMax but only because John Deere wasn't represented. I am throughly impressed with JD stuff. (Maybe because it us powered by Kawasaki)