1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Backpack Blowers

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by Landscape89, Oct 21, 2006.

Backpack Blowers

1. Redmax

2. Stihl

3. Echo

4. Shindaiwa

5. Husqvarna

Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. mowzilla

mowzilla LawnSite Member

i have blown with the stihl br 600 and br 600 mag ( have a 2010 br 600 mag at day job) and i own a shindaiwa eb8520...

i have said it before and i will say it again (maybe its how i blow and how i adapt each blower to what i am doing) the shindaiwa will out blow anything save the new echo pb-770 and maybe a redmax 8100(the newest one)..

the shinny runs longer, stronger, and i have had zero issues with it vs stihl inconsistent running, have to switch a "flapper" behind the air filter for cold weather..running out of gas with some left in tank ( mag is better) ..etc..etc..

that's my honest opinion with the last two leaf seasons of testing to back it up..
  2. graygoose12

graygoose12 LawnSite Member

Redmax is the best. Stihl and others have new 4mix type engines. Reading up on them, the Stihl has 30 something working parts. That's no good to me when I can get a better blower with only 3 working parts. Less down time, longer lasting. I bought EBZ7150's this time and they are the best I have ever had.
  3. Fawcett

Fawcett LawnSite Member

I just got a RedMax EBZ8001 from Stephen Roy in Johnston RI. I've only had it for a few hours and I love it. I've been landscaping under someone for the past 3 years and Steve is helping me equip myself so that I can take on more and more side jobs.

This RedMax is amazing, in the past I've used a Stihl 440 and a Kawasaki 600(?). The Stihl has been the crews favorite but they have no idea what kind of power these RedMax's push out.

I got this knowing that there will be some time before I can afford to buy a push blower. I wanted the biggest and baddest blower and I couldn't be happier.
  4. rusty_keg_3

rusty_keg_3 LawnSite Bronze Member

BR 550, very powerful, very dependable.

buy tanaka not redmax. redmax is junk and they do not stand behind the units.
  6. 4b landscape

4b landscape LawnSite Member

ECHO.... thats all you need!!!
  7. Big Bad Bob

Big Bad Bob LawnSite Bronze Member
    from zone 5

Echo backpack, string trimmers, hedge trimmers, chainsaw etc...... great tools. Takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'
  8. mowerdude777

mowerdude777 LawnSite Silver Member

RedMax 7100 by far killer blower best blower I have ran yet
  9. Big Bad Bob

Big Bad Bob LawnSite Bronze Member
    from zone 5

I have never even seen or held a Redmax. How does it compare to the Echo PB 755t?
  10. jricker

jricker LawnSite Member

echo pb 770t my br 600 was junk