Backpack Blowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TnT, Apr 9, 2002.

1. TnT

TnT LawnSite Member

Can I get a backpack blower for under $300.00? If so, what's the best make and model number?

Thanks,

TNT

2. Sure you can. It's going to be junk but you can get it. Whatever you decide to buy, make sure you look at the label. If it says made in America stay away from it. If it ain't a honda it is junk.
    Sad but true. Only the less informed would even buy a America made truck.

3. goodbeus

goodbeus LawnSite Senior Member

For another $100 bucks, you can get a Stihl....I've used my BR400 for 4 years, 5 days a week, including winter, and it still looks and runs like new...

4. MuskTurfKing

MuskTurfKing LawnSite Senior Member

I've got a brochure that advertises the Stihl Br-420 for $399.

I got my Echo PB-650 for $450. Best decision I've made in a while.

Hank

5. LJ lawn

LJ lawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

save your money and buy a new red max .

6. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

Try the Shindaiwa eb630 its a few lbs lighter than the redmax an just as much power. Marks Mowing Service Better yet do a search and read a few hours on the different brands.

7. laynlow

laynlow LawnSite Member

Sthil BR320 sells for 299.00 here. I think it has been replaced with the new model (340), but its basically the same machine. I like mine, but I don't need a blower as much as some. I basically use it blow the driveway's and such.

8. wxmn6

wxmn6 LawnSite Member

Stihl BR420C blower would be an excellent choice.

9. swn

swn LawnSite Member

I would also suggest to spend a little extra and get the stihl br420. You will be glad you did if you deal with many leaves.

10. I MOW ALONE

I MOW ALONE LawnSite Bronze Member

HEY muskturfking i would just like to know how you can afford to pay $450 for a blower when you only cut 9 lawns