Backpack blowers.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TJLC, Oct 3, 2000.

1. SJR Lawncare

SJR Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I use the Poulan 442 BP, Ive always used these, It has lots of power, & blows leaves very well. They usually last 2-3 seasons, heavy use, mowing, then leaf season.
    SJR

2. jasonp

jasonp LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

It looks like sthil 320 or 400 ia your best bet.

3. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

After three years use BR400, I ordered a Shindaiwa EB6200?
    Think that is the right number. I have had good luck with their trimmers and hedge trimmers, hope the blower with be a wise choice.

4. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Sthil BR 400 for me also.

5. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

EB 630.

I too have used Stihls for years and recently bought a Shindaiwa. It wasn't one of those things, when you strap it on the first time and you know it's better. You can tell it may flow a little more air. It takes a little use to know the machine and how powerful it is. After about two weeks, use the Stihl again and the difference will be apparent.

6. stick9

stick9 LawnSite Senior Member

We use Redmax 6200 and have (1) 7000. Could NOT be happier. These bad boys can blow through ANYTHING and have power to spare! I would ONLY use Redmax! (just my opinion, though).

SticK-nine

7. leeslawncare

leeslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Redmaxx 6200 is what i use . It is the most awsomest blower i've ever seen .it will move a brick across the pavement !!!!!

8. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Ahhh, the brick across pavement. That was an old Stihl selling point. I have never found the need to blow bricks off the pavement, LOL. Try a full bag of mulch, much more impressive to the onlooker.

9. powerreel

powerreel Banned

I have 2 backpacks a BR400 and a Shindaiwa EB480 both are different, the BR is light and powerful but doesn't have mid range power. I love the EB480 if I'm gonna be blowing alot of stuff, lots of mid range good control of piles of debris. The BR much lighter and if you are in and out of the truck alot I'd say BR, do big places with lots of varied blow off time go with Shindaiwa the extra weight is worth the added control.

10. MIDSOUTH

MIDSOUTH LawnSite Senior Member

i have the br400 and a hand held right now.i love the br400-but i am going to by another one next year and i will get the strongest one with the most cfms and mph's i can find.