BackPack Blowers

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by LawnEmpire, Apr 19, 2004.

1. LawnEmpire

LawnEmpire LawnSite Member

What does everybody think of Stihl? I just bought a Stihl backpack blower about a week ago and now it aint even runnin like it was when i got it. Its like it wont use full power and its so damn hard to start, takes me like seriously 5-10 minutes to start it. Im thinkin of tryin out and Echo. Whats your opions??

2. Red Hemlocker

Red Hemlocker LawnSite Member

try the shindaiwa EB630. POWERFULL

3. EZTarget

EZTarget LawnSite Senior Member

which model Stihl was it?

4. twwlawn

twwlawn LawnSite Senior Member

Try a Redmax 7001, you won't go back to anything else.

5. cwb20

cwb20 LawnSite Member

shindawa is the way to go no problems

6. Stubudd

Stubudd LawnSite Member
    from Acworth

same thing with my new stihl backpack- i think its flooding or something- one time right after i filled it it woundn't start- poured some gas out and it cranked right up try that

7. soccerlawn

soccerlawn LawnSite Senior Member

My Stihl starts in the first two pulls. First you turn on choke and throttle to half position. Pull once, then turn off choke and pull once or twice. Remeber it will not start with the choke on!!

8. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

I agree with soccerlawn, my Echo PB 460 starts on the second pull every time. turn on the choke and put it at half throttle and pull, then turn the choke off and pull again, it starts right up without fail.

9. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

I just bought my new Stihl BR420C Magnum. You have to put it on choke, pull till you hear the engine crank, then you turn it off and pull 2 or 3 times more and it should run. YOU NEVER start a 2 cycle engine on choke otherwise it will flood. My blower works fine! Top of the line stihl Blower! - Peter

10. Zach76

Zach76 LawnSite Member

I had the exact same problem about two weeks ago with my new Stihl BR420. My dealer started it on the second pull with no problems. He told me to never pull the cord more than twice on choke or it woulod almost surely flood. Twice on choke with half throttle. Take off the choke and kick it up to full throttle. Pull again. Should start on first or second pull. I haven't had a problem since that day. I too was ready to return it and get something else, but now I love my Stihl again.