Backpack drink containers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Sooners, May 10, 2003.

1. Sooners

Sooners LawnSite Member

Does anyone know where you can get those backpack drink containers? You put the insulated drink container on your back and a straw is attached to it to sip from. I've seen the military use them when directing traffic for long periods. I know they get them at the PX. I think It'd be great to have one if trimming, mowing, etc. Wouldn't have to go back to the ice chest.
  2. fox

fox LawnSite Member
    from MN

it is called a camelbak. i use one. check any local sporting goods stores, or run a search online.
  3. kels

kels LawnSite Senior Member

Try bicycle shops, alot of bicycle riders use them. Seems like a hasle with back pack blowers.
  4. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

Yup bike shops have them..
  5. Gene $immons

Gene $immons LawnSite Bronze Member

6. Sooners

Sooners LawnSite Member

The Camel Bak at is just what I was looking for. That 70 oz. size would be great in July.

Gene, did you get any damage from the tornado thurs. nite? I'm originally from south central OK myself.
  7. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

they work great for party beverages too... just dont expect to get the flavor out every....nothing like beer flavored water ;)

On a serious note, i have a few for cycling and they work great.
  8. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

They work great but, I only bought the 50oz b cuz if I drink 2 much while mowing I have2 piss like a horse so, I got that 50oz from target for $19.99 + tax.

Now target sells eddie bauer ones for $29.99
  9. wojo23323

wojo23323 LawnSite Senior Member

You could try an army / navy surplus store. I got issued two of them when I went to Bahrain.
  10. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

i order a lot of bike parts online and i have always seen good prices on camelbak's here JensonUsa

here they are