1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

BACKPACK ECHO PB-751 leaf blower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ECHOFACE6786, Feb 13, 2005.

1. ECHOFACE6786

ECHOFACE6786 LawnSite Member

im interstead in buying acouple of them. upgrade from what i have now pb-620. how is the pb-751 is it worth the money?

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Bp blowers the bigger the better we run em in the winter also great for blowing snow.
  3. lwcmattlifter

lwcmattlifter LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

I have two 651's and they are great. I wouldn't trade them for anything except maybe the rumored 850 when if/when it comes out. The only difference between the 651 and 751 is the 751 has a larger filter. I definitely think you will notice a difference in power stepping up to a 651/751.
  4. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

We use the PB750's and will be adding another Echo this Spring not sure which one yet.I asked my dealer last week about the 850 and they know nothing anout it.
  5. sethsodsquad

sethsodsquad LawnSite Member

I have a PB-651 and it works great for me. It has tons of power and doesn't have a high-pitched sound like most other blowers. The thing is well built in my opinion. I wouldn't buy a 751 because it isn't much different than a 651 - just a bigger "remote" air filter and I believe different straps. That isn't worth more $ to me - I don't even know why you would want a huge air filter on a backpack blower anyways - most of the dust is in front of you, not behind you.

I believe lwcmattlifter meant to say there is quite a difference in power between the 620 and 651/751.

6. Legacy

Legacy LawnSite Member

We run the PB-650/651's and love them...

plenty of power, and relatively quiet which is important in my neck of the woods...

Rumor here is that any new backpack from Echo would be a 2006 project..nothing coming this year..