backpack questions

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by strayer1, Apr 1, 2004.

1. strayer1

strayer1 LawnSite Member

i have the option of the echo pb 650 blower and the stihl 420 mag. for those who demo those or own the sthil 420 which did a better job?:confused:
  2. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

The 420 magnum is a good quality blower,but the 650 does have a tad more air volume. Both will do the job.
  3. strayer1

strayer1 LawnSite Member

if you had your choice which blower would you buy?
  4. dvmcmrhp52

from Pa.

650=201 mph/630 cfm. 420=172 mph/518 cfm.
    The cost on the 420 is about $375-$400,the 650 is closer to $500.
    Depends what you intend to do with it. For leaf cleanup I'd go with the 650,for everything else I'd probably just go with the 420 magnum.
  5. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

I like the way the Stihl starts and runs. I like the controls better too. I have both machines. Echo is last to get used.
  6. Gilla Gorilla

Gilla Gorilla LawnSite Senior Member

If you have a Redmax dealer around and are looking to do some
    serious leaf removal then you might want to look at the 7000 or
    7001 series
  7. dvmcmrhp52

from Pa.

I'm partial to the stihl myself,only because I have an attitude towards echo products these days. But I don't need to transfer my attitude to someone else,they will learn what they like on there own in time.
  8. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

I just bought the Echo PB-750 with the tube mount throttle. I also own a BR-400. The 750 is an awesome machine, but much bigger and heavier than the Stihl. The 750 is about the same size as the 650.
    Both are excellent blowers and have their place on the trailer, but I have to admit I like the BR-400 (same as the 420) since it is lighter and smaller.
    If all you will be using it for is clean-ups after the Stihl. It will provide all the clean-up power you'll need.
  9. amar

amar LawnSite Member

I am a Redmax fan I have an EB 6200, 7000, 7001

The 7001 is six months old. It quit on me on monday I took it to the local dealer and they found the bearing fell appart and scored the piston real bad. He said the cylinder was ok. Should the cylinder be replaced also?
    I also have a Stihl 320 pull it twice than turn off the choke is starts on the third pull every time never had a problem with it.
    I don't care for echo.
  10. Toehill

Toehill LawnSite Member
    from georgia

DONT BUY ECHO YOULL BE SORRY. ive been in this bissiness awhile and redmax and sthil are the way to go. If you have the money go REDMAX if not get the sthil....dont buy the echooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo