Backpack Sprayer replacement tips?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by vencops, Jul 25, 2011.

1. vencops

vencops LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

I own a couple SP Systems backpacks. I recently went to retrieve one from my trailer rack, and the wand was missing. I suppose I let it get loose, and it flew out somewhere on the road.

I FINALLY found an online retailer that sold the replacement wands, and I ordered a brass wand to replace it (another question just came to mind).

It arrived, today....but, the tip/nozzle part that's adjustable isn't part of the replacement. So, I'm still out of commission (with this sprayer).

1. I need a replacement for this to get it back in action. Any recommendations on a part/retailer?

2. Are there BP sprayer tips that are better than others? I'm assuming it depends on the task at hand. I use this sprayer ONLY for gly.. But, I have a coupel more that'll see some selective postM apps..

RE: the brass wand....

Why is (if, indeed it is) brass a better choice for this (BP Sprayer) application? Easier to clean/keep clean? No idea, really.

Thanks.

2. CHARLES CUE

CHARLES CUE LawnSite Silver Member

I would think that brass would last longer but no proof. But the plastic ones work to.

I have about 4 of these in my sprayer parts box. I take them off and replace them with a flat fan tip or AI tip.

Tractor supply Carry's parts if you have one close buy.

Charles Cue

3. Young Bros

Young Bros LawnSite Senior Member

We use Shureflo electric backpacks with metal wands (aluminum) with plastic tips from spray specialties. 515-986-3259

4. vencops

from NC

Everyone sells Solo brand replacement parts. They're not interchangeable.

I even went out and took a tip off one of my Solo's....and even the tips aren't threaded the same. Northern Tool sells SP System sprayers (that's where I bought mine). But, they don't sell replacement parts. Go figure.

I can find the adjustable brass nozzle online. But, I'd like to find a local retailer.

What a hassle. The brass wand replacement was $18 + (who knows what) shipping. The photo of the wand (from the online retailer) also showed it with the tip on it. The nozzle is about $15 (+ shipping). 1st place I found it...the shipping was more than the part.

5. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

6. pinto n mwr

pinto n mwr LawnSite Senior Member
    from gr8, mn

tee jet fan tip(red)

7. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

Teejet hand piece, Teejet wand and Teejet tips. The gallonages at a given pressure are also verified and published making it easy to calibrate. A threaded hose barb and screw clamp will get the hand piece on the hose.

8. vencops

from NC

green...

I bought a Stihl SG20, yesterday, to see if I'd like them. I like everything about it, except the wand. I was just on the teejet website. It appears they offer one with an aluminum wand. I don't see one with a brass wand.

I do like the fact that the tips are interchange-able.

Does anyone have any idea what these things cost (everything from the hose clamp, down)? Just curious. None of the retailers are open this early.

9. Young Bros

Young Bros LawnSite Senior Member

We got the aluminum ones. I think they only cost like $5.

10. vencops

from NC

WHAT (exactly) only cost $5?

Thanks.