BackPack Sprayer

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by n-green, Jun 16, 2006.

1. n-green

n-green LawnSite Senior Member

Besides Eagle-1, can someone recommend a rechargeable battery powered backpack sprayer to do small tree and shrub insect and fungus apps? Thanks for your help.

2. sclawndr

sclawndr LawnSite Senior Member

Solo makes a really nice unit - about $170. I got mine from Northern Tool.

3. fert40

fert40 LawnSite Member

shurflow makes a very nice unit. Four speed battery operated. Good luck!

4. firedude26

firedude26 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Mich

SHURflo Rechargeable Backpack Sprayer SRS-600, i just got one and i like it. ebay item.

5. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

[​IMG]

I make my own , I have 4 that I use daily for different 'cides
    They work perfect , I can change a battery in 15 seconds and keep right on working

6. vegomatic40

vegomatic40 LawnSite Senior Member
    from 6

I use the Shurflo (have 6) and they have proven to be good units so far. I replaced the wands with sturdier ones and the spray tips with flat-fan types but I get about 25, 4 gal. fill ups between charging overnight on the 2nd speed setting. While they are certainly heavier than other hand-pump type back packs it is offset by a very comfortable set of shoulder straps and a thick pad on the back. Much more consistent spray volume.

7. Rayholio

Rayholio LawnSite Bronze Member

I have 2 of the shurflos.. They're awesome.. as little, or as much volume as you want, with 4-5 speed settings. I use one for round-up only, and the other for spot treatments, or even small lawn apps. seems to be very durable, and how I use it, the battery will last at least a couple weeks of work between charges... I've never seen a need to go beyond the 2nd speed setting, and usually I use it on the 1st. Additional batteries are cheap if you want to have one in reserve.

8. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

Where did you get the replacement wand/tip? It looks like I can't use my Solo/Shindaiwa tips/wand with my Sureflo, they don't seem to fit.

9. n-green

n-green LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the comments. What range (height) can you get from the srs600, the web-site doesn't say.

10. vegomatic40

vegomatic40 LawnSite Senior Member
    from 6

Replace the entire wand (not just the tip) from the delivery hose on down. Use small poly or brass hose barbs and hose clamps etc. I didn't bother trying to making the tips fit. Too much hassle.