1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

backpack sprayer

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by bigviclbi, Feb 17, 2005.

1. bigviclbi

bigviclbi LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

I was wondering if anyone had any preference on a backpack sprayer. This will be my first year with weed control(take the test in march).I live by the beach and everyone has gravel yards, no grass as the people are weekenders. There is one big company around that does it and all my customers were looking for me to add this service as they weren't thrilled with the present company's service. Any suggestions? Thanks I appreciate it.
  2. marko

marko LawnSite Senior Member

Try the search button on the green bar above and type in backpack sprayer. I have seen several posts with good insight into backpack sprayers in the past, including rechargeable ones.
  3. bigviclbi

bigviclbi LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

I know about the search, the only problem with a search is half the time you get an answer and the other half are posts from blowhards.I think "Get a License" is used in every other post. then a long argument occurs. I did a search and found a few answers out though thanks alot.
  4. cleancutccl

cleancutccl LawnSite Senior Member

look at solo backpack sprayers. Well constructed and I've never had a problem with mine.
  5. work_it

work_it LawnSite Senior Member

I use a Shindiawa and haven't had any problems with it.
  6. HayBay

HayBay LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

Thats what I use.
  7. Luscious Lawns

Luscious Lawns LawnSite Member

All my hand tanks are Solo. They are easy to work on and parts are readly avaliable. Also think about the tips. The solid plastic will wear and distribute an un-calabrated pattern. Keep fresh nozzles on hand. I'm thinking of getting the ceramic inserts for longer life.
  8. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

Sorry y'all , Solo is junk!
    I used 4 of them for 2 years and the lids leaked .
    I can make them stop for 5 weeks or so then back to herbicide running down my back.
    I used them all and the best one I've found is the SP 3 .

9. lordohturf

lordohturf LawnSite Member
    from SW OH

Solo did have a problem a few years ago with the lids leaking. It was a plastic mold issue which has since been solved. The nice thing about Solos is
    that you can replace any part if it breaks. Parts are readily available at Lesco.

The Piston Pump is much easier to work on than the Diaphram.
  10. gogetter

gogetter Banned