1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Backpack Sprayers

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Blessed 1, Aug 8, 2006.

1. Blessed 1

Blessed 1 LawnSite Senior Member

I am sure fed up with my Echo Backpack Sprayer. The Straps suck because of no padding and the always come un hooked at the bottom. What are the best backpack sprayers out there. All I spray is Glystar (Round Up).
  2. Green Side Lawn Care

Green Side Lawn Care LawnSite Member

you can not beat the solo sprayer
  3. saw man

saw man LawnSite Bronze Member
    from utah

I have had good luck with Maryuama M-400.
  4. Killswitch

Killswitch LawnSite Senior Member

Industry standard for a reason.

I like the new models with the fold up pump arm too, but damnit if I dont strap the thing on then have forgotten to twist it and cant reach.

Solos...80 bux. Done deal.
  5. TheLawnBarber

TheLawnBarber LawnSite Senior Member

I just got the new Stihl backpack sprayer much better then my Shindaiwa.
  6. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

I have not had an Echo, I HATE my Shin sprayers. I bought a Surflo bp sprayer (electric). Dang, this is one of the best purchases I've ever made, I love that thing! You can probably get one on ebay, I got mine from Northern Tool.
  7. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

8. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

I had an Echo MS100 and I put straps from an Echo pb750 blower on it. It was ok but, it didn't feel right. It was stolen and I've since bought a 4 gallon commercial duty Jacto backpack sprayer. It's full length and fits great, with padded straps included. They have 3,4 and 5 gallon models. The 3 gallon feels the best but it's not enough for what I'm spraying. I think mine was around 100 bucks or so. I've posted some pictures about a month ago.
  9. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

My BP did the same thing, I used plastic tie straps and haven't had a loose strap since. Try it, they won't come off again.
  10. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

my first one was one like that (cheap) , it has a large " BE " on it .they are ok for a while but if used regularly they will begin losing pressure very fast and leaking in mysterious places .i totaly rebuilt it and it still leaked so i bought a " solo " best for the buck .