Backpack Sprayers

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by jtq0919, Jan 30, 2013.

  1. ted putnam

    ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member
    Posts: 4,539


    Looks like a solo...
     
  2. fl-landscapes

    fl-landscapes LawnSite Silver Member
    Posts: 2,542

    Hey Ted, did you know you were quoted in this months edition of turf magazine? There's a new section where they copy a thread from lawnsite. You and a couple others were quoted talking about writing off personal trucks. Sorry to the op for going off subject, carry on.
     
  3. ted putnam

    ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member
    Posts: 4,539

    That's wonderful...lol

    They've got nothing better to do than pull quotes off of here and use them as "filler" in their magazine articles.

    Here's a quote they can use the next time the subject comes up.

    I do not "write off" my personal vehicle. I have 3 trucks that all have sprayers in the back of them 24-7 along with company info permanently affixed. I have 2 employees that drive 2 of the trucks and I run production and service calls in the third. 99% of the time they are used strictly for business use only. I do not try to separate that from the other 1%. It would be ridiculous and in my opinion, pointless for me to even try.

    My personal vehicle is our family's Tahoe. That's what my wife drives to work and is what we use on weekends. Nothing to do with the use of it is "written off".

    Just wanted to make sure there was no misunderstanding...

    I suppose if someone feels the need to come make a mountain out of a mole hill with me, I should be easy enough to find now that I've been "published.":laugh:

    Sorry OP...I still say the Jacto CD400 backpack sprayer looks like quality at a reasonable price. I will be purchasing one soon.
     
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
  4. fl-landscapes

    fl-landscapes LawnSite Silver Member
    Posts: 2,542

    Shoot, I didn't mean to set off a storm. In the thread you mention its lettered and can be written off for advertisement. And your correct, I've even heard of companies paying random peoples car payments if they wrap their car in their company logos. Sorry if I ticked you off ted, I just thought you would think it was cool. The subject of the thread wasn't my point, just that you were in the magazine.


     
  5. avernon0112

    avernon0112 LawnSite Member
    Posts: 126

    Sp systems SPS0. It has return flow back into the tank for some agitation. It is a great sprayer so far. We have been using them for two years now. They have extra padding on the straps which is a major plus after it has been on your back for a few hours.
     
  6. ted putnam

    ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member
    Posts: 4,539

    No problem here. It's just there were a couple who posted in that thread that pretty much said I was breaking the law.

    In a way, it is kinda cool I suppose...However, I will be careful about what I post on here in the future(on the grounds that it could incriminate me!):laugh:

    We've been crazy busy for the last month doing winter maintenance on all of the equipment and I missed it. Thanks for the heads up on it!

    Ted
     
  7. grassmasterswilson

    grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc
    Posts: 4,519

    Good thread. I'm looking to replace some aging solos.

    Thought about getting a few. A warm season, cool season, gly for beds and a insecticide/fungicide.
    Posted via Mobile Device
     
  8. mx315

    mx315 LawnSite Senior Member
    Posts: 394

    I had a SP Swissmex sprayer for years and it got knocked of the truck and busted. I used it for years and never had any problems. A lot of companies around here use the Shindaiwa, so I asked around and they all seemed happy with them. I picked up a few of them and they don't hold pressure at all. You have to pump them constantly. I have used the Stihl sprayer it lasted about 6-7 months and crapped out. I plan on switching back to the SP1 and see if we have any better luck.
     
  9. ted putnam

    ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member
    Posts: 4,539

    My Jacto CD 400 arrived today. My first reaction was a little shock. The tank and piston appeared to be quality but overall, at first glance my impression was that it was kinda cheap.

    Upon further investigation, it appears that it's just a very simple design using simple, high quality components. The simpleness makes it appear cheap...if that makes any sense?

    Well, we'll see what its made of soon enough. We give our backpacks a workout once we start our dry rounds. It's going to be hard to beat my Echos.

    **Birchmeier is the best backpacksprayer hands down. Too expensive to put in the hands of any ole lawn monkey though.
     
  10. mrmoweratl

    mrmoweratl LawnSite Member
    Posts: 5

    I bought the Oregon 37-602 sprayer and trashed my echos. I'm so impressed with it I'll be buying 4 more
     

Share This Page